Recorded on Thursday, April 2, 2015, this forward looking webcast examines the trends and emerging technologies that will impact higher education & academic libraries in the year 2020. Our panelists share their vision of what colleges & universities along with their libraries will look like as well as the trends they will have responded to in order to remain competitive in the new environment. A few of the trends examined include:
- The push to reduce the cost of higher education and increase access
- The push to increase student success
- The push to be more accountable and better demonstrate the skills and knowledge students acquired from their degrees
- The shift from an environment of information scarcity to over abundance
- The shift from print to digital
- The shift in skills needed by faculty & librarians
About the Panelists
Bryan Alexander is a futurist, researcher, writer, speaker, consultant, and teacher, working in the field of how technology transforms education.
Paul Signorelli is an explorer/user/writer about helping others become familiar with e-learning, social media, MOOCs, & mobile technology to creatively facilitate positive change within organizations.
Lindsay O’Neill is an instructional designer, e-learning developer, and librarian at California State University, Fullerton.